Topic: The Power of Intercession [December 16, 2016]
Scripture: And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before. Job 42:10
Thought For The Day: Intercession is the sacrifice of personal concern and where God sees sacrifice, fire must fall.
Intercession is selfless praying. It is a form of prayer where self is not the focus. It is either praying for the Kingdom, the salvation of souls, the nation, a family member or a friend who has a challenge. Intercession is the sacrifice of personal concern and where God sees sacrifice, fire must fall. It is a seed sown that brings reward to the intercessor. Intercessory praying is a booster of prayer life.
Now, what are the benefits of intercession?
1. Intercession by man provokes intervention from God, both for the intercessor and the person being interceded for.
2. Your concern for others provokes God’s concern for you. Life is a seed; what a man sows, he reaps.
3. Intercession is the peak of the expression of love. You will never lose when you walk the path of love.
Keys to effective intercession
1. Intercede with full passion and genuine compassion. Pray for your neighbour like you would pray for yourself.
2. Intercede with the help and sensitivity of the Holy Spirit. Pray in tongues when you do not know what to pray anymore.
Remember this: Intercession is the sacrifice of personal concern, and where God sees sacrifice, fire must fall.
1. Identify someone who is in the same situation as you and begin to intercede for that person.
Prayer: O LORD, I ask for the grace to stand in the gap for others in Jesus’ Name.
For Further Understanding, Get This Message: Prayer Boosters (Part 5).
Quote: If you will do for God what you can do for Him, then He will do for you what you cannot do for yourself. Culled from ALABASTER BOX by Dr. Becky Enenche.
Daily Reading: Micah 5:1 to 7:20, Revelation 7:1 to 17, Psalm 135:1 to 21, Proverbs 30:5 to 6
Today In History: 16/12/1969 - The British House of Commons voted 343-185 to abolish the death penalty in England.
Amazing Fact: Hot water is heavier than cold water.
Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC), is a powerfully anointed church, headquartered at Abuja, Nigeria, with Dr Paul and Dr Becky Enenche, as the Senior Pastors. It is a power-packed arena where God’s Presence, Principles and Power are at work for the salvation, healing and restoration of human destinies and dignities.