There are moments in every person’s life, when he or she has to make serious decisions. It is a personal thing, but there are such universal moments, like buying a house. As a rule, people do not exactly know, what to expect and how to behave. It is not shameful to something wrong, but avoiding mistakes is always much better option.
Here are some pieces of advice from experienced owners, who are always ready to help others and tell about what to pay attention to. Take a look – it may be quite helpful.
The lists of cons
Why to start with negative things? Just to leave good ones for dessert and deal with complications. So, let’s start.
1. Comfort over design. Do not choose a house with unusual construction only because you want to be original. Showing off doesn’t make you a good buyer, and it doesn’t make your solutions reasonable.
2. Closer to the sky is not as romantic as it sounds. The higher you get, the more likely you are suffer from lift maintenance problems (if you are considering an apartment). Speaking about a house, everything depends of geolocation and environmental conditions.
3. Too much fun. If your house is situated right in front of a nightclub, a concert hall, a bar or other interesting place you may be the first to get there and star partying. And now think about those nights, when you really want to rest. Partygoers will not be bothered with stuff like this.
4. New and fresh. As a rule, buyers often get excited, when they hear about a new house. However, ‘new’ means that no one knows for sure, what living there will be like. Don’t be in a hurry to become the first inhabitant, even if a place seems amazing.
5. Checklist. Be flexible with the least of requirements and define your priorities. Sometimes places from your dream don’t exist, but you are able to work on some improvements and make a house perfect on your own. And now make the list of necessary facilities and preferred specifications.
Always calculate repair and maintenance costs. You never know, when you’ll need to fix something. It shouldn’t catch you by surprise. Missing roof tiles, weak toilet flushing, rotten window frames are too expensive and annoying to deal with.
Surrounding matters as well. In the end, you are not going to live in your personal shell.
Big trees, damaged road, noisy neighbors, flooding zones can cause real problems. Think ahead whether you are going to face this and whether it is possible to avoid such inconvenience. Find out about parking zones and permits. Take a walk around the area. Visit it several times at different hours. Don’t make spontaneous decisions before conducting an investigation.
An unwise decision can be deathly to your budget. Don’t choose a risky loan. It may work out, or it may not. The chances are always 50/50, no matter what agents might tell you. Life in a great house will not be that great in case you stuck in credits and debts.
Where to start a search?
The best place to visit right now is Jiji.ng with its list of houses for sale. The selection will impress you with its uniqueness, and the prices will become a pleasant surprise. One of the best advantages of the best marketplace in the country is the possibility to deal with real people and do it directly. Though such system may involve controversial moments related to scammers and frauds, Jiji always takes care about your safety and comfort. Looking for a house, you will feel cozy and welcomed. Isn’t it the best mood and atmosphere for searching a house?